Direct Care Worker - SUD/RRS Program
Company: Gandara Mental Health Center
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Direct Care Worker - SUD/RRS Program83-379
Direct Care I & II Staff Worker
We're looking for a Direct Care 1 Staff Worker to work with our
Substance Use Disorder Program [SUD/RRS], establishing open
communication, support, and accountability among workers and
consumers. S/he is accountable to the SUD Program Manager, who is
responsible for providing supervision and training. The Direct Care
Staff Worker is one who actively promotes the philosophy of the SUD
Program, and maintains a high level of commitment to the program.
This individual will respect the dignity of each individual through
vigorous promotion of the human and civil rights which, in part,
strives to keep people free from abuse or neglect and recognize
that ethnic and cultural diversity of each individual must be
valued and respected.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Client Services Responsibilities
- To assist members daily in the enhancement of their ADL
(activities of daily living) skills through practical experience
and training both individually and in groups.
- To promote the right of people with mental retardation to
exercise choice and to make meaningful decisions in their
- To ensure that adequate services and flexible resources are
non-intrusive, cost effective and provided by qualified, trained
personnel to meet individual needs and preferences.
- To provide case management, outreach and advocacy to members,
and be accountable for the quality and quantity of
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the
- To provide for client care and safety, and observe all safety
measures; provide safety responses to emergency situations when
- To interact with clients in order to assess needs, provide
information, discuss problems, set limits and encourage growth and
- To empower individuals and their families to speak out for
themselves and others, initiate ideas, have choices and make
decisions about needed supports.
- To enhance public awareness of the valuable roles persons with
mental retardation assume in society through promotion of physical
and social integration.
- To provide entry to services through a single, local and
familiar setting and recognizing the dignity of achievement
understanding these services lead to meaningful benefits.
- To provide crisis intervention, monitor clients' progress and
act as a client advocate.
- To assist members in planning, implementing and leading
scheduled activities, to assess members' participation, motivation
and interest in these activities.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Administrative Responsibilities/Record Keeping
- To attend scheduled clinical and staff meetings and actively
participate to determine treatment plans, re-evaluate case needs
and goals, and develop skills.
- To maintain client records in accordance with standard format
- To attend scheduled supervisory meetings with Program
- To maintain assigned financial record keeping and submit
requests and/or report accurately and in a timely manner.
- To adhere to SUD regulations regarding incident reporting,
complete all SUD Division and agency required paperwork such as
case [progress] notes, times sheets, weekly notes, bookkeeping,
mileage, incident reports accurately and submit them in a timely
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Springfield , Direct Care Worker - SUD/RRS Program, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!