Company: Gandara Mental Health Center
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Housing Coordinator115-379Housing CoordinatorWe're looking for a
Housing Coordinator with Adult Clinical Community Services (ACCS)
Persons to provide services to obtain and maintain permanent
housing. The Housing Coordinator also provides outreach services to
a caseload. S/he works within the Agency's team model, establishing
open communication, support, and accountability among co-workers.I.
- Helps develop treatment plans.
- Initiate contact with Persons and engages participants in
gathering housing history.
- Works in developing a focused strategy for each person or
family as it relates to self-sufficiency, permanent housing, and
strengthening economic stability.
- Assists Persons in accessing all available entitlements such as
toolbox, relocation, fuel assistance, weatherization assistance,
- Assists Persons in finding appropriate housing.
- Provides tenant education regarding rental and landlord
- Provides constant open communication with landlords, building
trusting relationships to ensure longevity in permanent housing
- Recruits and develops strong relationships with landlords.
- Negotiate leases and rent amounts.
- Conducts outreach to landlords.
- Actively participates in landlord realtor associations.
- Understands the needs, interests, and concerns of
- Able to help participants identify their housing needs.
- Knowledgeable about landlord-tenant law and can advise
landlords and tenants about their mutual rights and
- Assist Persons with budget preparation.
- Transports Persons to housing viewings.
- Interacts with Persons in order to assess needs, provide
information, discuss problems, identify patterns and stressors, and
encourage growth and development.
- Assists Persons with activities of daily living, e.g. food
shopping and preparation, housekeeping, laundry,
- Transports Persons in matters related to service delivery, e.g.
medical appointments, shopping, job interviews, vocational
programs, banking, and laundry.
- Administers medications in accordance with MAP policy and
- Provides for and participates in recreational activities e.g.
dining out, spectator sports, movies, shopping.
- Deals with entry and termination issues.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Notifies supervisory staff immediately in the event of a
crisis, suspected illegal activity, or any behavior constituting an
incident in the program.
- Visits Persons; attends hospital group therapy meetings when
appropriate.II. PROGRAM STAFF DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships
with program management staff.
- Assure adherence to program treatment philosophy.
- adheres to Agency and Program policies and procedures.III.
- Work within processes and procedures of the ACCS.
- Strengthens relationships between agency, ACCS, programs, and
the larger community
- Act as an inter-Agency liaison.
- Attend and participate in Agency committees as required.
- Attend supervision with the Assistant Program Manager.IV.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES/RECORD KEEPING - necessary to meet
administrative requirements of the job by government bodies,
funding sources agency policy, etc.
- Completes documentation in accordance with Rehabilitation
- Completes documentation in the Agency's Electronic Health
Record (E.H.R.) System, ehana.
- Maintain clinical records, including but not limited to: Map
documentation, Client Funds Management (including monthly budget
and reconciliation forms), incident reports, et al.
- Attends weekly team meetings.
- Attend weekly/bi-weekly supervision with the Assistant Program
- Attend monthly group meetings/group supervisions with CHD's
Housing Manager and any other meeting deemed necessary by the
Housing Manager.V. PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT - necessary
to develop to full potential professionally
- Seek and use training opportunities external to the
- Attend Agency-required trainings.
- Participate in relevant Agency and/or community task
- Engage in self-evaluation to develop professional goals.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree in a
related field (Psychology, Social Work, etc.) preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a mental health-related treatment
- Experience with housing supports and/or managing affordable
- MAP Certified preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle for work
purposes.G?ndara Center provides residential, mental health,
substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and
families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of
Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural
diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative
services to a diverse communitySpringfield, Massachusetts, United
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Springfield , Housing Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!