Bilingual Medical Assistant
Company: Gandara Mental Health Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Bilingual Medical Assistant100-379
Medical Assistant - Springfield, MA
We're looking for a Medical Assistant to provide paramedical,
clerical, and administrative support to Prescribers and the Medical
Director. The role includes providing language translation and
other duties associated with medical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Running daily prior authorizations with pharmacy, by fax, and
phone in a timely manner.
- Provide customer service to clients, including scheduling/
rescheduling/ cancelling appointments, responding to inquiries,
translations and liaising between staff members, and addressing
issues as they arise.
- Rendering [billing] services daily and filing documents in
- Providing prescribers charts that coincide with
- Escorting clients to and from waiting area.
- Collecting and providing lab results documentation to
- Supervise client urine specimen collection [ensuring the
integrity of the chain of custody], as assigned.
- Communicate any facility, medical team, or other operational
issues to the Floor Supervisor, Practice Manager, or other member
of the Outpatient Services Division management team in a timely
- Review prescriber and all voicemails, as assigned, and
facilitate response within 2 business days.
- Substitute temporarily for medical records, reception, front
desk, intake, or other support portions, as assigned.
Qualifications/ Job Requisites:
- Minimum HS Diploma/equivalency and Medical Assistant
- Experience: Basic knowledge of office practices and
professional environment, as they relate to job functions. Must
understand the populations and information sensitivity [i.e. HIPAA
and privacy laws and regulation], and protocols required in mental
health. Must be bilingual [English/Spanish].
- Working conditions: Normal office environment, however, the job
requires frequent standing, walking, and sitting; occasional
lifting/ carrying up to 25lbs. unassisted; ability to communicate
with all levels of internal staff and outside vendors; etc.;
exposure to data/ exposure to data/ information which must remain
confidential; flexibility in work hours and project
- Required fluency in English and Spanish.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Verizon and/or Sprint plans
- Hiring Bonuses may vary based on degree*
G--ndara Center provides residential, mental health, substance
abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families
across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts.
Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and
strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a
Springfield, Massachusetts, United StatesFull-Time/Regular
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Springfield , Bilingual Medical Assistant, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!