Program Compliance Monitor (Principal Consultant #1710)
Company: The Illinois Association of School Administrators
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Reporting to the Director, oversees the implementation of
support and compliance monitoring protocols for state and federal
legal guidance, rules, and law requirements as applicable to
English learners and immigrant students; provides services for the
fiscal and programmatic grant review, implementation and monitoring
of one or more state or federal funded education programs; provides
technical assistance and supports to the field, consistent with
best practices and in alignment with all rules, regulations, and
laws as applicable to English learners and immigrant students,
including those English learners with special education needs, in
early learning programs, charter schools, or other contexts;
conducts onsite monitoring visits of school districts to assure
compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulatory
provisions; produces complete monitoring reports; drafts business
correspondence, papers, research, and data collection documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the implementation of support and compliance monitoring
protocols for state and federal legal guidance, rules, and law
requirements as applicable to English learners and immigrant
- Develops clear communication tools (e.g., infographics, memos,
etc.) regarding support and compliance monitoring procedures.
- Provides support and technical assistance to schools and
districts in the implementation of required state and federal legal
guidance, rules, and law requirements as application to English
learners and immigrant students.
- Works with external stakeholders (as required) to complete
duties and responsibilities.
- Develops and presents data reports aligned with English learner
and immigrant data as requested.
- Performs plan and grant evaluations and reviews and approves
original and amended plan and grant applications.
- Assists in implementing one or more federal or state funded
programs to ensure their effectiveness and assure school and
district compliance with all programmatic and fiscal regulations as
related to laws and grants.
- Provides technical assistance and support to the field,
consistent with best practices and in alignment with all rules,
regulations, and laws as applicable to English learners and
- Prepares, schedules, and conducts onsite monitoring visits (as
assigned) of schools and districts to assure compliance with state
and federal laws, rules and regulatory provisions.
- Compiles and analyzes data in order to produce complete and
accurate support and monitoring reports and responses, including
recommendations to districts' corrective action plans.
- Assists in the planning, execution, and coordination of
department activities as related to the education of English
learners and immigrant students in the state.
- Participates in department, center, and agency cross functional
teams as designated by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree plus two years of relevant professional
experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of working with law or--grants.
- Proficient in a language other than standard English.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience as an educator or administrator.
- Experience in the delivery of professional development.
- Experience with budgets.
- Knowledge about strategic planning, research methodologies,
organizational development and/or adult/student learning.
- Familiarity with grant procedures (e.g., application,
implementation, monitoring, technical assistance.
- Knowledge in conducting research and/or data analysis.
Salary/Benefits UNION: IFSOE ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY RANGE:
$52,618 - $67,204 FULL SALARY RANGE: $52,618 - $91,998 OFFICE
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. How to Apply To view
full posting and apply electronically, please visit
. Interested parties must submit the required application, cover
letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial until recommended for
hire). The subject line should include the position number(s) you
are applying for. Job Title Program Compliance Monitor (Principal
Consultant #1710) District Name IL State Board of Education
Building Name Alzina Address 100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777 Phone (217)782-2223 Fax (217)785-3972 IASA
Region Abe Lincoln County Sangamon Employment Type Full-time
permanent Job Category Agency/Association Grade Level Other
Keywords: The Illinois Association of School Administrators, Springfield , Program Compliance Monitor (Principal Consultant #1710), Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!