School Nurse Consultant (Principal Consultant #441)
Company: The Illinois Association of School Administrators
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Reporting to the Director, collaborates and consults with the
ISBE wellness team, Illinois school districts, and relevant service
providers in all efforts designed to build differentiated supports
for the promotion of student wellness with a specific focus on
school health and school nursing policy and practices. DUTIES AND
- Collaborates with other wellness team members (i.e., school
nurses, school health, nutrition, social emotional and behavioral
health, and other health education consultants) as well as
departmental ISBE staff.
- Researches, develops, and disseminates wellness and health
(social, emotional, behavioral, and physical) information and
resources with an emphasis on being an agency resource and contact
for student health and school nurse issues.
- Collaborates in the development of recommendations for
improvements in State Educational Agencies (SEA) overall health and
wellness policies and procedures; training and technical assistance
activities for districts, community, and other agencies.
- Participates on internal and/or external wellness-related
advisory councils/panels/task forces as appropriate.
- Participates in the design and implementation of data
collection, reporting, and evaluation systems.
- Serves as an agency representative and provides technical
assistance regarding school health issues and school nurse
programming within the SEA ESSA plan as appropriate.
- Visits educational institutions to monitor and ensure statutory
and regulatory compliance related to school health issues and
school nurse programming.
- Prepares requests for proposals, reviews proposals, awards
funds, interfaces with other existing initiatives to ensure
coordination and integration of efforts.
- Oversees the implementation of programs and grants to districts
related to wellness programming as appropriate.
- Makes recommendations for possible rules and regulations
changes/updates related to school health issues and school nurse
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Master's Degree in Education, Educational Administration,
Nursing, Public Health, or Pupil Personnel Services (School Nurse,
School Counselor, School Psychologist, School Social Worker) or a
Bachelor's Degree in one of these areas plus two years of relevant
professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements)
in nursing (school nursing preferred).
- Experience working with individuals with serious health
- Experience developing written materials such as reports,
technical assistance documents and training materials.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices in the field of
- Knowledge and skills in effective nursing skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply research study
- Ability to define problems and apply problem solving techniques
to complex issues.
- Ability to coordinate the completion of projects and programs
and work effectively with diverse teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
Salary/Benefits UNION: IFSOE ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY RANGE:
$52,618 - $67,204 FULL SALARY RANGE: $52,618 - $91,998 OFFICE
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. How to Apply To view
full posting and apply electronically, please visit
. Interested parties must submit the required application, cover
letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial until recommended for
hire). The subject line should include the position number(s) you
are applying for. District Name IL State Board of Education
Building Name Alzina Address 100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777 Phone (217)782-2223 Fax (217)785-3972 IASA
Region Abe Lincoln County Sangamon Employment Type Full-time
permanent Job Category Agency/Association Grade Level Other
Keywords: The Illinois Association of School Administrators, Springfield , School Nurse Consultant (Principal Consultant #441), Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!