E-GMS Team Member (Principal Consultant #1264, 1554)
Company: The Illinois Association of School Administrators
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Reporting to the Director, assists in the design, development
and testing of grants within the Electronic Grants Management
System (E-GMS). DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for updating and testing existing grants within the
E-GMS by reviewing and revising system details incorporating
legislative, rule and regulatory changes as necessary.--
- Incorporates new components and enhancements related to design
- In collaboration with internal staff, analyzes grant processes
and identifies system needs based on a working knowledge of rules,
regulations and legislation pertaining to state and federal
- Utilizing the E-GMS, designs and creates items used in grant
applications, specifying the data properties and validations for
- Creates approval workflows.
- Enters and maintains all programs and eligible
- Performs testing of grants prior to publication.
- Incorporates appropriate data management principles.
- Documents the design process and as necessary, recommends and
implements grant standardization.
- In collaboration with internal staff, analyzes federal and
state regulations, laws and legal opinions regarding the proper
fiscal administration of federal and state funding grant
- Reviews and confirms recipient allocations.--
- Works with department and agency staff as appropriate to
determine correct appropriation and fund sources are in place and
are sufficient for total allocations.
- Collaborates and participates with agency staff regarding
training and technical assistance in the use of grants developed in
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Master's Degree in Education, Business Administration, Business
Analytics, Accounting, Liberal Arts, Information Technology or
Computer Science, or a Bachelor's Degree in one of the listed
fields plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF
TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements)
working with financial and other data in state or federal
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve with a high
attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide logical
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with teams in a collaborative
- Ability to develop, interpret and communicate policies and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint PREFERRED:
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations, laws and
procedures related to grant programs and their administration.
- Working knowledge of computer programming concepts and
- Knowledge in the design and implementation of user interfaces
for electronic applications. Salary/Benefits UNION: IFSOE
DEPARTMENT: GATA ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY RANGE: $52,618 -
$67,204 FULL SALARY RANGE: $52,618 - $91,998 OFFICE HOURS: Monday -
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. How to Apply To view full posting and
apply electronically, please visit
. Interested parties must submit the required application, cover
letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial until recommended for
hire). The subject line should include the position number(s) you
are applying for. Job Title E-GMS Team Member (Principal Consultant
#1264, 1554) District Name IL State Board of Education Building
Name Alzina Address 100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777 Phone (217)782-2223 Fax (217)785-3972 IASA
Region Abe Lincoln County Sangamon Employment Type Full-time
permanent Job Category Agency/Association Grade Level Other
Keywords: The Illinois Association of School Administrators, Springfield , E-GMS Team Member (Principal Consultant #1264, 1554), Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!