Posted on: June 21, 2022
Overview:NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting
services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions
through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting;
Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences;
Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With
offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design,
build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the
communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.Responsibilities:
- Performs professional engineering tasks in own discipline,
guided from time to time by more senior staff members, in order to
develop design documents.
- Works with other disciplines to provide a fully coordinated
design. Often takes the lead in coordinating trades.
- Obtains field data by conducting field visits to project sites
both in state and out of state. Make assessments of existing field
conditions using knowledge of engineering systems (mechanical,
electrical, plumbing for fire protection) design and operation.
Document existing conditions as required. May require occasional
- Solves standard engineering problems. This typically involves
the application of special knowledge to design effective
- Is able to design various types of systems and apply
appropriate solutions based on functional and economic
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with
building code changes.
- Performs HVAC load calculations utilizing industry standard
software, such as Trane TRACE, HAPS or eQUEST. Creates energy
models and performs analytical comparisons of buildings and
- Performs research and writes reports.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for estimating purposes.
- Within his or her technical specialty, is able to design and
lay out routine portions of a project using AutoCAD MEP and
- Develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for
- Creates final design documents.
- Performs calculations as well as operate various software
packages related to various portions of the design package.
- Utilizes own expertise and works with vendors to specify
equipment appropriate for its intended use.
- Prepares studies, drawings or sketches as required.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to
cutting/trimming of plans, photocopying, plotting, scanning,
packaging, mailing, and any other miscellaneous duties which may be
required from time to time to assist in the smooth operation of the
- Must be a graduate from an engineering curriculum accredited by
the Accreditation for Engineering and Technology or from a
Non-accredited engineering curriculum or related engineering
science or with a B.S. degree in engineering Technology with four
years of acceptable engineering experience or have a minimum of
twelve years of specific on-the-job experience in the consulting
engineering field including developing plans and specifications in
their technical specialty.Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of the
discipline they are designing.
- Formal training in AutoCad MEP and REVIT is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and
professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Springfield , Mechanical Engineer, Professions , Hadley, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!