Lab Technician 2
Company: Pace Analytical Services, LLC
Location: East Longmeadow
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Pace Analytical Services, LLC., a leading environmental laboratory,
has an immediate opening for a Full-time, Lab Technician in the
East Longmeadow, MA location. We are looking for candidates seeking
a long-time career with a well-established and growing company.
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM -5:00 PMSUMMARY:
Responsible for preserving, preparing, processing and maintenance
of lab samples, which involve knowledge on complex to specialized
lab support policies, programs and practices while completing
appropriate forms, documents and databases, providing technical
assistance to customers and writing reports. May include various
forms of samples, such as environmental, biological, chemical, and
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of
the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to
perform job-related duties other than those contained in this
document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge
1. Prepares lab for daily operations, including stocking materials,
equipment, safety, cleanliness, and related areas.
2. Supports analytical testing process using complex to specialized
lab support knowledge in the collection and review of conditions,
including preserving samples, completing sample preparation,
documenting and communicating results.
3. Picks up, transports, and maintains results, samples, documents,
materials and other items as needed.
4. Disposes of laboratory materials and samples using well
established guidelines and instructions.
5. Performs basic laboratory equipment troubleshooting and
6. Reviews, completes and processes very complex to specialized
degrees of logs, documents, databases, and related materials and
7. Provides complex to specialized support in the application and
assistance to staff and management regarding lab support policies,
programs and practices.
8. Provides complex to specialized support researching issues and
developing recommendations to resolve process, department and
related customer issues.
9. Assists in the review and implementation of lab support
policies, practices and programs to meet organizational, operations
and management needs.
10. Assists with ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules
and regulations; receives guidance and direction or escalates when
11. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the
department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and
directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
12. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by
demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting
with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a
harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Education and Experience:
(3) years of lab support experience; combined with (8) Chemistry
college credits, Associates degree preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and
certificates being maintained in active status without suspension
Required Knowledge and Skills
* Very complex to specialized principles, practices and techniques
of lab support.
* Technical customer service principles and practices.
* Applying the daily administration of very complex to specialized
lab support programs, policies and procedures.
* Very complex to specialized methods to resolve lab support or
technical problems, questions and concerns.
* Ability to learn broad applicable organizational policies and
procedures on sample maintenance.
* Computer applications and systems related to the work.
* Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team
* Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to
ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
* Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and
* Performing very complex to specialized lab support duties in
* Providing broad support within lab testing.
* Providing complex technical customer service.
* Serving as a team member working with customers and projects.
* Operating in a both a team and individual contributor
* Interpreting, applying and explaining organizational policies and
* Maintaining databases, forms, documents and related
* Using initiative and judgment within established department
policies and procedures.
* Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those
contacted in the course of the work.
* Performing effective oral presentations to groups and peers and
* Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work
unit goals, objectives and activities.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with
a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office
and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time;
exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10
pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move
objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and
hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the
Work is performed in lab and office settings. Work is subject to
exposure to blood or bodily fluids, chemicals, fumes, gasses,
noxious odors and related items in a lab and environmental
1st Shift, Monday - Friday40 hours weekly
Keywords: Pace Analytical Services, LLC, Springfield , Lab Technician 2, Professions , East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!