Electrical Engineer II (Building Power Systems)
Company: Dennis Group Springfield
Posted on: January 24, 2023
About the JobWe are seeking an Electrical Engineer with strong
technical and management capabilities to support and advance our
building electrical engineering practice. - The Building Electrical
Group is responsible for all building electrical systems including
lighting, fire protection and low voltage. - The professional will
have technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and
delivering multiple concurrent project assignments.
-Responsibilities will include:
- Designing electrical systems for building power; i.e. normal,
emergency, and standby power distribution systems for 208v, 480v,
and medium voltage for industrial facilities.
- Documenting all necessary calculations for the design such as
short circuit, selective coordination, arc flash, generator sizing,
steady state and transient voltage drops, load calculations,
conductor sizing, raceway fills, etc.
- Designing lighting for food processing spaces, including
lighting calculations for emergency and inspection lighting level
needs. Coordinating fixture placement/mounting with other
- Designing fire alarm systems per NFPA 72, 101, and local
- Designing low voltage systems such as LAN, phones, PA, Wi-Fi,
access control, cameras, etc.
- Producing bid documents consisting of layout drawings,
one-line, riser, schedules, details, and specifications.
- Procuring long lead light fixtures and power distribution
equipment such as switchgear, switchboards, panelboards,
transformers, MCC's, generators, variable speed drives, and
- Managing electrical bid process for clients, observing
construction, and assisting with startup.
- Project planning and feasibility studies.
- Actively participating in and supporting department-wide
standard development, updates, and maintenance.Requirements
- 4-6 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing
- The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are
also required. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less
than 25% of the year. -
- 4-6 years of experience designing electrical systems for
building power; i.e. normal, emergency, and standby power
distribution systems for 208v, 480v, and medium voltage for
- 4-6 years of experience designing lighting, including lighting
calculations for emergency and inspection lighting level needs and
coordinating fixture placement/mounting with other trades.
- 4-6 years of experience designing fire alarm systems per NFPA
72, 101, and local building code and designing low voltage systems
such as LAN, phones, PA, Wi-Fi, access control, cameras, etc.About
UsWe plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands
across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we've
focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your
favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store.
Simply put, food isn't one thing we do, it's all we do.Dennis Group
offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with
experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including
medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time
off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus,
profit-sharing, and retirement plans.Dennis Group is proud to
provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, or genetics.
Keywords: Dennis Group Springfield, Springfield , Electrical Engineer II (Building Power Systems), Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!