IT Field Technician
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Responsible for providing technical guidance and direction to
end users and troubleshooting technology problems while
understanding and anticipating clients current and future IT
- Troubleshoot, install, repair, and/or the replace computer
hardware and software in new and existing store and warehouse
locations including, but not limited to: Registers, scale
equipment, servers, switches, Printers, Computer Cables, keyboards,
Circuit Boards, Phone Equipment, UPS's, Monitors/CRT's, Power
Supplies, Hard Drives, handhelds, message boards, kiosks, and new
equipment as needed.
- Maintain the integrity of the store networks including File
Servers and network wiring, terminations, etc.
- Provide ongoing feedback to management and associates regarding
equipment use and misuse in order to reduce future failures and
develop better trouble shooting procedures.
- Communicate inventory needs of upgrade parts and supplies to
the IT Equipment Coordinator.
- Enforce corporate policies for the following Personal Computer
issues: Virus Control; unauthorized Software Use; Data Backup and
- Develop additional tracking and installation resources in order
to refine and improve workflow, delivery methods and customer
- Perform scheduled equipment preventative maintenance as well as
software maintenance as assigned.
- Prioritize, plan, schedule, and perform daily equipment
- Using sound judgment to deal with and eliminate any safety
- Providing daily reports and communicating regularly with Store
and home office personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Management.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1 4 years experience with PC hardware and software and the
ability to perform basic IT maintenance, troubleshooting and
- Familiarity with store equipment (Register G2POS systems,
Computer systems, Fujitsu self-check- out units, Client printers,
Cisco and Avaya phones, Cisco switches etc.)
- Strong customer service orientation.
- An understanding of IT culture and needs is a plus.
- Ability to work hands-on with equipment and to handle the
physical demands of installation.
- Valid clean US drivers license.
- Ability to gain technical certifications as necessary to grow
in the role.
- Requires working-hour flexibility to work late and long hours
as required by individual projects, and flexibility to weekends or
- Requires rotating on call scheduling.
- Ability to drive long distances.
Physical Requirements (Due to the nature of the job):
- Due to the nature of the job the candidate should be able to
lift 100 pounds with assistance.
- Frequent walking, reaching, bending, climbing and sitting.
- Personal Computer.
- Cell phone.
- Trouble-shooting monitoring tools.
- Office Automation Software.
- Maintenance & Repair Tools.
- Company vehicle.
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Springfield , IT Field Technician, Professions , Lenox, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!