Seasonal Maintenance II - General Maint
Company: Springfield Park District
Posted on: May 26, 2023
false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Springfield Park District
Department: General & Park Maintenance
Position Title: Maintenance II - Seasonal
Reporting Authority: Maintenance Foreman, Specialist, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent or designee
Classification: Non-Exempt - Bargaining Unit Position
Salary: Per Contractual Wage Scale
Seasonal Position April - November
This position performs a variety of General, Area Park and Park Services maintenance duties pertaining to the overall maintenance operations of grounds and facilities of the District to which they are assigned. This position reports to, takes direction from, assists the Maintenance Specialists, Maintenance Foreman or others as assigned in the performance of maintenance duties and assignments.
At direction and assignment of Superintendent or designee, responsible for performing manual work at the direction of and under the direct supervision of Maintenance Specialist, Maintenance Foreman, that may include, but is not limited to, the following:
-- This position is responsible for the oversight of maintenance of grounds, facilities and related physical properties of all District Parks and Facilities.
-- Mowing, weed eating, trash removal, back pack blowing, mulching, cleaning, etc.
-- Assist in installation, servicing and maintenance of Park Lighting, electrical systems, etc.
-- Assist in servicing, installing, and repairing water lines, fountains, sewers, etc.
-- Assist in construction, installation, repair and maintenance of fences, park signs, bleachers, tables, benches, cement, and asphalt projects, roofing, sidewalks, park drives, parking lots, bikeways, structures, playground equipment, welding, truck driving, painting, lock and glass repairs throughout District Parks and facilities.
-- Cutting and trimming of grass, landscaping, brush, etc.
-- Spraying of pesticide and/or herbicide or other chemicals in the course of their duties
-- Repairing and patching streets, sidewalks and curbs
-- Planting, trimming, and removing trees
-- Planting, irrigation and care of landscapes and hard-scape areas around District.
-- Building, painting, and replacing Park signs
-- Painting Park equipment and facilities
-- Operating and servicing motorized equipment or vehicles in course of work
-- Dragging ball diamonds or other areas as needed
-- Maintain Park Facilities in sanitary manner (i.e., cleaning buildings/rest rooms, trash collection)
-- Assist in areas of Eastdale shop (i.e., clean-up, washing of vehicles, light mechanical, etc.)
-- Perform all other duties as assigned by Maintenance Specialist, Maintenance Foreman, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent or designee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prefer previous work experience in general areas of maintenance, horticulture, turf, tree, or other landscape operations and poses knowledge and have experience in operation of motorized and non-motorized equipment. (i.e. weed eaters, mowers, carpentry, painting, welding, electrical, mowing, use of chain-saws or other landscape type equipment).
- Must possess and maintain valid Illinois Drivers' License and must obtain a Class "C" Driver's license within first 90 days from hire date, and be insurable under District Liability Insurance.
- Must be able to read and comprehend relevant policies, operational procedures, safety guidelines or other guidelines of Maintenance operations.
- Must be able to perform simple math measurement calculations, long hand and with an available calculators or other devices.
- At direction of Superintendent or his designee, may be required to train, test, obtain and maintain pesticide Operator's license in accordance with Department of Agriculture rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read and write and have good command of the English language.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Physical capabilities - lifts 50 pounds, squat, bend and move as necessary for the job.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics.
- Must possess valid Illinois Driver's License.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Responsible to follow policies and procedures outlined in Springfield Park District employee manual.
- Must live in Sangamon County, in the State of Illinois or must be willing to move to Sangamon County in the State of Illinois within the first 6 months of acceptance of a position with the Springfield Park District.
Applications & Resumes should be submitted Online:
To be considered for a position, all applicants should apply online through our Job Opportunity and Tracking Portal. No paper applications or resumes will be accepted. Go to www.springfieldparks.org and click on Join Our Team to see a full list of job opportunities.
The Springfield Park District is committed to the provisions of Equal Employment Opportunities and Affirmative Action to its applicants regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, age sex, marital or veterans' status, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.
false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Keywords: Springfield Park District, Springfield , Seasonal Maintenance II - General Maint, Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
here to apply!