IT Field Support Technician in Springfield, MA
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: August 17, 2019
IT FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN IN SPRINGFIELD, MA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Works independently and is responsible for consulting with business
leaders within their assigned operating division to plan, design,
install, configure and maintain technology solutions that support
the local business needs. Serves as the sole local go to person for
all technology needs and is available to key business leaders and
users on a 24 hour/day 7 day/week basis to support mission critical
systems. Independently uses system analytical techniques and
procedures, including consulting with users, to determine all
aspects of system functional specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides tier-two level support for all of the technology that is
deployed within their area of responsibility.
* Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
Responsible for ensuring data integrity by evaluating,
implementing, programming and/or managing appropriate software and
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware
and software configuration database/library of all supporting
* Administration and support of system security, including system
access, virus management and security patch management.
* Implementation of software upgrades, including firmware
revisions, operating systems, production software upgrades and
other enhancements as required.
* Responds to requests for technical assistance remaining on-call
evenings and weekends for emergencies. Varied working hours may be
required to accomplish technical solutions.
* Coordinates and conducts end user training sessions as
* Travel required.
* Works closely with AMR IT, operations management and field staff
to provide overall system support as required for proper system
* Installation, configuration and deployment of desktop computers,
laptop computers, printers, modems, phones and other computing and
telecommunication devices at Company s corporate office and remote
* Installation and configuration of operating system and
application software, upgrades and patches.
* General technical support of PC software products (word
processing, spreadsheets, email, graphics products, communications
* Troubleshoots and resolves desktop and laptop computer problems
and application software issues.
* Responsible for documentation and maintenance of asset
* Performs cabling connections and organize wire closet activities
* Assists with operational duties in company computer and
* Coordinates and schedules vendor support, maintenance and
* Assigned to specific system support as skills and training allow
such as Multi-EMS Data System (MEDS).
* Functions as a team member within the IT department as well as
* Maintains and produces required reports from Technology Service
* Assist with procurement process in areas of requisition tracking,
receiving, shipping and installation.
* Participates in key committees and attend meetings as required
for good coordination of effort and proper communication of system
* Documents and revises procedures as needed.
* Assists network and telecom groups when on site as necessary.
* Subject to on-call and call-in status.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
* Attend Information Systems technical and security training
* Report information systems security problems
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* As necessary, performs installations and upgrades to hardware,
operating systems and software. Schedules and performs
installations and upgrades and maintains systems in accordance with
established IT policies and procedures.
* Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and
servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies,
and configuration guidelines.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent
* CSE, MCP and A+ certification preferred.
* MS Windows system administration experience preferred.
* Experience in the installation, administration, and support of
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong analytical, problem solving, teamwork and customer support
* Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability
to interact effectively with end-users, peers and management.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Springfield , IT Field Support Technician in Springfield, MA, Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!