Transportation Supervisor - RFS
Company: Reinhart Foodservice
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Position Summary:?The Transportation Supervisor is?responsible for
the day-to-day oversight of Reinhart's transportation operations.
The Supervisor is responsible for engaging the Transportation team
through a focus on safety, clear communication and accountability
regarding compliance.?Position Responsibilities may include, but
not limited to:
- Provide supervision to daily transportation operations
including planning, scheduling manpower and equipment of hourly
workforce, establishing an environment that maximizes employee
involvement and morale.?
- Responsible for ensuring quality standards and productivity
goals are achieved for receipt and shipment of product. This
includes possessing the skills to perform the functions listed
below while continuing to structure and develop the
- Ensures compliance with all Department of Transportation
regulations and reporting.
- Oversees and manages fleet repairs and maintenance including
but not limited to driver repair reporting, repair scheduling,
budgeting, adherence to vendor turnaround commitments, etc.
- Manages scanner inventory and repairs.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting to relevant entities
(International Fuel Tax Agreement, EAM, etc)
- Oversees driver scheduling.
- Serves as back-up in the absence of the Router.
- Assists in driver recruitment.
- Oversees day to day communication with relevant
- Oversees injury and accident investigations and ensures timely
- All other duties as assigned.Required Skills and Experience:
- High School degree or GED.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to engage a team.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, listening and
- Proficient with?Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Routing Programs such as RoadNet and
Xata.?Preferred Skills and Experience:
- College degree.
- Food service distribution experience.
- Commercial Driver?s License Class A in some locations. Physical
Demands and Work Environment:Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.? Due to the nature of our business in regard to such
things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and
Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance
and punctuality are essential job functions.? Should an individual
in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement
due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
made.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies
will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the
basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures,
including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions,
terminations and self-development opportunities, will be
administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the
Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reinhart Foodservice, Springfield , Transportation Supervisor - RFS, Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!