FET Tax Analyst
Company: American Outdoor Brands Corporation
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Under the direction of the Tax Director, responsible for the
administration of the Company's Federal Firearms and Ammunition
Excise Tax ("FET") and Federal Excise Tax on fishing gear
responsibilities, including the proper calculation and quarterly
reporting of FET on firearms and fishing gear. Work with other
departments to ensure that the Company's systems are properly coded
consistent with FET law and that procedures are followed and
records created in order to support future FET audits. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be fully cognizant of FET laws, regulations, and rulings and
the application thereof.
- Work with Cost Accounting and Engineering departments to ensure
that items included in Firearms' bill-of-materials are accurately
classified for FET purposes.
- Monitor for reasonable taxable and total weights of firearms'
SKUs and work with Distribution department to obtain shipping
cost-per-pound data to calculate credits against FET for freight
- Reconcile on an annual basis the number of firearms included on
the quarterly FET returns to the Annual Firearms Manufacturing and
Exportation Report ("AFMER") filed with the ATF.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis the FET general ledger liability
- Work with the Marketing department to ensure that there is
sufficient support for non-taxable free goods transactions.
- Ensure that all other increasing and decreasing FET
adjustments, including external and intercompany FET refunds, are
accurate and supported.
- Determine applicable Constructive Sale Prices for intercompany
sales on a quarterly basis.
- Accurately prepare and timely file quarterly federal FET
- Support FET audits as required. NOTE: This list presents only
the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be
comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be
changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business
needs and conditions. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2-4 years of income and/or transaction tax experience.
- CPA preferred Competencies and Skills: Physical Demands:
- Good command of the English language in both verbal and written
- High level of organizational skills, professionalism and
attention to detail and due dates.
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity and willingness to work in a fast paced
environment. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to foster teamwork and mentor others
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Continuous: sitting
- Occasional: walking, standing, bending, kneeling, squatting,
reaching, fine and gross upper body motor movement.
- Extended time in sitting position, prolong use of computer and
possible eye strain.
- Occasional lift: 0 to 30 pounds NOTE: Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Work Environment and Personal Protective
Equipment: Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility,
employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid
chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and
industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most
manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise,
temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving
machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and
shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be
humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and
occasional exposure to chemical hazards. The following Personal
Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection
required when on manufacturing floor The use of additional personal
protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is
being completed in or around your assigned department or in another
department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and
safety footwear. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: American Outdoor Brands Corporation, Springfield , FET Tax Analyst, Professions , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!