Retail Sales Associate (Great Barrington MA)
Location: Great Barrington
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job Description Artemesia is a women's clothing company
currently based in The Berkshires of Massachusetts. We design and
manufacture our clothing and accessories in the Northeast, USA. Our
aim is to create a lifestyle collection of pieces with timeless,
elevated, laid back style for everyday living using natural fibers
with a focus on sustainability and heirloom quality. Our retail
ethos is built around the Artemesia brand, while in addition
offering a collection of thoughtfully curated apothecary items,
accessories, jewelry and home goods. We are seeking a vibrant and
detail-oriented Retail Sales Associate to engage with our customers
and communicate our brand message via our retail stores. This
individual is organized, enjoys working with people, and has an
interest in style. The Retail Sales Associate is someone who has
effective communication skills and is able to follow directions
closely, assist with customers, and is timely and dependable. This
is a position for a team player who strives to meet expectations,
contributes to a prosperous work environment, and commits to the
continuous growth of the brand. In return, Artemesia offers a
friendly work environment with above average compensation and
benefits, and opportunity for advancement.Responsibilities:
- Assist customers to maximize sales and provide friendly and
welcoming customer service.
- Communicate effectively with customers to determine their needs
and build relationships.
- Restock the sales floor and maintain a running list of items
needed from the inventory warehouse.
- Handle all point-of-sale transactions including sales,
exchanges, refunds, gift cards, and gift wrap.
- Take an active role in all store operations such as cleaning
tasks, maintaining displays, assisting with stock transfers, and
receiving new merchandise.
- Encourage customers to sign up for our email list and engage
with us on our social media platforms.
- Communicate effectively through sharing feedback with
management with regards to new inventory, daily tasks, and customer
questions or concerns.
- Write daily business recaps at the end of your shift.
- Pay attention to sales flow and share any inconsistencies or
positive trends to management.
- Assist in the training of new Sales Associates when
- Adhere to all brand policies and procedures.
- Uphold Artemesia's standards for visual merchandising, store
cleanliness, and customer service.
- Maintain punctuality and reliability. Requirements:
- A depth of interest in style, sustainability, quality, and
- A positive, forward-thinking mentality.
- Strong ability to self-start, think independently, problem
solve, and innovate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills - experience with POS systems is a
- Fierce attention to detail.
- Ability to work on weekends.
- Use Slack for inter-company communication. Opportunities for
- Train to work in a management position.
- Train to work at other store locations.
- Train to take on a larger merchandising role. Compensation
based on relevant prior work experience.Note: This is a physical
job and may at times include moving heavy racks of clothing or
lifting bins of clothing that weigh more than 40 pounds. Artemesia
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Artemesia, Springfield , Retail Sales Associate (Great Barrington MA), Sales , Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!