LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT in SPRINGFIELD, WV S16135
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: August 5, 2022
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT in SPRINGFIELD, WV S16135 Requisition ID
2016-124473 Street 8180 CUMBERLAND RD City SPRINGFIELD State WV Job
Location (Posting Location) : Postal Code 26763 Job Location
(Posting Location) : Location US-WV-SPRINGFIELD Location :
Department/Cost Center/Store 16135-WV-SPRINGFIELD Company
OverviewDollar General Corporation has been delivering value to
shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save
time. Save money. Every day. - by offering products that are
frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and
beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and
seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood
locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47
states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
www.dollargeneral.com. GENERAL SUMMARY: The Lead Sales Associate
helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first
focus. The duties of the Lead Sales Associate include assisting
customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating a cash
register, stocking and recovering merchandise, cleaning the store,
and performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to
maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while
protecting company assets. Lead Sales Associates perform the duties
of a Sales Associate and act in a lead capacity in the absence of
the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL
- Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total
customer's purchase, collect payment from customers and make
change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack
boxes, cartons and totes of merchandise; stock merchandise, restock
and rotate merchandise on shelves, and build merchandise
- Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors;
clean restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms.
- Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store
- Perform additional duties typically performed by the Store
Manager or Assistant Store Manager, in their absence.
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION High school diploma or equivalent
and six months of supervisory experience (or related
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to
make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other
Dollar General stores. Dollar General Corporation is an equal
opportunity employer. Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
Keywords: Dollar General, Springfield , LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT in SPRINGFIELD, WV S16135, Sales , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!