District Sales Manager, New England - Genetic Sciences Division
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll
be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for
exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the
largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people
the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions
to the world.
The District Sales Manager - New England position is part of the
commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division
(GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist
critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative
PCR - Sanger Sequencing - Human Identification - AgriGenomics.
Based remotely in or near the Boston, MA or New England area (CT
The New England District Sales Manager, Genetic Science Division
(GSD), will be responsible for leading the sales team driving
business in the genetic analysis space (sequencing, quantitative
PCR, digital PCR and microarray platforms). In addition, this
person will ensure there is an intense focus on the customer, sales
force effectiveness, price optimization, targeted promotions, and
an effective sales channel strategy. He/she will be responsible for
developing, motivating, and retaining a high performing team.
What will you do?
- Attract, develop and retain sales representatives. Build teams,
inspire others and resolve conflicts. Openly communicate, develop
the team and manage performance.
- Implement commercial strategies to ensure achievement of the
annual operating plan.
- Maintain robust monthly, quarterly and long term forecasting
- Consistently monitor results of sales process including sales
forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the
use of Siebel system and other designated IT tools.
- Ability to convert data and tracking metrics into actionable
information to ensure sales team performance.
- Driving growth of the GSD business via our channel partners
including Fisher Scientific and our Biosciences channels.
- Regularly provide feedback of field and market intelligence to
influence to sales, marketing and division leadership.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Genetic Analysis technologies,
products, markets and customer buying practices required to
effectively manage a sales team to compete and grow the
- Serve as a role model and coach to the front line sales team in
all aspects of the sales process and customer relationship
- Control expenses against pre-established budget and submit
required reports on a timely basis. How will you get here?
- Requires a Bachelor s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology,
Biochemistry or related field. A Master s degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 7+ years of senior sales experience or
prior sales management experience preferred.
- Capital Equipment experience.
- Understanding of the Academic, Industrial and Government Life
- Extensive knowledge of Life Science Research and Clinical
Markets (PCR/qPCR, CE/NGS, Microarrays and is highly desirable).
The successful candidate will have:
- An intense focus on the customer.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership and sales management
- A strong personal character coupled with a broad business
acumen and intellect, vital competencies essential to navigating
complex and dynamic market conditions.
- A successful track record of managing and growing revenue and
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced business culture.
- An ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop
aggressive and innovative sales tactics to capitalize on those
- The ability to think clearly and critically, articulate a
vision, and inspire others to follow.At Thermo Fisher Scientific,
each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to
tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our
customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.If you are
an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process, for
further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. Associated topics: branch manager, management,
sales executive, sales leader, sales management, sales manager,
shift lead, supervisor, team lead, team leader Associated topics:
branch manager, management, sales executive, sales leader, sales
management, sales manager, shift lead, supervisor, team lead, team
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Springfield , District Sales Manager, New England - Genetic Sciences Division, Sales , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!